Easy White Sangria - Latest Cooking Recipes

The first time I tasted sangria was in a Spanish restaurant in Chicago. It was a gorgeous ruby hue brimming with fresh fruit, which tasted all the better after marinating in my drink. I was smitten.
Yet every time I tried to recreate sangria and that fabulous flavor at home, I failed. The traditional combination of red wine, brandy and some sort of sweet mix-in, like orange juice or lemon-lime soda, was either too tart or too sweet. Was I using the wrong red wine? Not enough sugar? I gave up. My sangria experiences would have to be relegated to restaurants and bars.
Then I discovered a recipe for white sangria, the prettier sister of red sangria that's also easier to prepare. (But your guests don't need to know that!) As long as you use a crisp, summery, inexpensive (really!) white wine, like Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc or Vinho Verde, it's almost impossible to mess up. (Rose and Prosecco also work beautifully.) That's because these wines are fruity and slightly sweet to start, so they need very little doctoring. Triple sec and whatever fresh fruit you have on hand top it off. Cheers!

Easy White Sangria Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...